The inhalation of asbestos fibres or dust can be damaging to your health and should only be handled in accordance with recommended guidelines.


Asbestos is a toxic building material used last century. It is a mineral substance that can be present in construction and cladding materials including old vinyl or floor tiles, lagging/insulation, decorative ceilings, roofing and cement pipes, electrical insulation for hot-plate wiring. Fibres are often mixed with cement or woven into fabric or mats. 

For more information go to "asbestos aware" and Worksafe's information sheet "Where asbestos can be found".


Asbestos is not accepted at waste transfer stations.

Enquiries should be made directly to Midwest Disposals Ltd, Bonny Glen, 06 327 5620.

Only licenced practitioners may remove asbestos from sites.